ecitizen registration is the first step to seamless access to government services. The portal is a gateway to all government services and other essential county services. ecitizen has transformed how government services are delivered to Kenyans.
You do not have to visit any government office to get access to vital government services today. All you need to do is create an e-Citizen account and access all the services you need online. Go To eCitizen
Over 250 government services have been digitized and can be accessed through the ecitizen portal. In this post, we will focus on e-citizen registration and how to access the different services offered at the online portal.
What is eCitizen?
eCitizen is a Kenyan government portal that was commissioned in 2014 by the ICT Authority of Kenya. Before you access the e-citizen dashboard, you have to create an account with e-citizen.
The only thing you need when applying for an e-citizen account is; your National ID and an email address. Digitizing government services through e-citizen has facilitated revenue collection since payments are made virtually.
Traditionally, money used to exchange hands in government offices creating room for corruption and money laundering. One year after its launch, revenue collected from e-citizen grew to 2.3 billion from over 1.2 million citizens.
e-Citizen has definitely helped ordinary citizens to gain access to what would have previously been called ‘opaque’ government services.
Not many people knew where to go when applying for a Birth certificate, or a driving license. Luckily, these and many other services can be accessed through ecitizen.
One of the most annoying things about government services is visiting many offices to get one service. e-Citizen saves on time and money that would have been wasted waiting in government halls looking for crucial services.
With ecitizen, you have the key to all government services at the palm of your hands. In the comfort of your chair, you can apply for all the government services you need without breaking a sweat.
It all starts with a simple e-citizen login to access the world of unlimited government services.
You can book for your driving test from NTSA, transfer your vehicle to a new owner through NTSA TIMS, apply for a passport from immigrations, and get a marriage certificate all under one website.
The portal not only provides services to Kenyans only. Visitors from foreign countries can also apply for Visas via eVisa and pay for business licenses through the eBusiness portal under ecitizen.
We could go on and on talking about the service offered by e-citizen. To make it short and sweet, here is a list of e-citizen login services:
- Application for Passport and Application for Kenyan Visa
- Notice of Marriage Interim
- Business Name Registration
- Land Rent Clearance Certificate
- Driving License application
- Driving license status checker
- Solemnization of marriage
- Commissioning of affidavits
- Issuance of a registrar’s certificate
- Driving License Renewal (1 Year)
- Business Name Search
- Driving Class Endorsement
- Provisional Driving License
- Driving Test Booking
- Special licenses for marriage
- Duplicate Driving License
- Driving License Information Corrections
- Official Search (Nairobi Blocks)
How to contact eCitizen
eCitizen login is the gateway to all government services without having to visit any government office.
In case you have a problem while trying to access any service on ecitizen, you should contact the customer care team using these contact details:
- Call: +254 709 480 000
- Email: support@eCitizen.go.ke
- Immigration eCitizen contacts: Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669 Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206
- eCitizen business registration contacts: +254 709 480 000
- NTSA eCitizen contacts: +254 709 480 000
- eVisa Queries contacts: +254 709 480 000