Senti loan app is one of the latest additions to the list of lending apps in the already competitive finance market. Is it just another app? Do not make the mistake of thinking that this is just an ordinary loan app.
Must read | How to apply for Mobile loans from TALA LOAN APP
Just wait until you see what you can do with this loan app and how much you can borrow. Be my guest as we review Senti loan app and the value it brings along.
What is Senti Loan app?
The idea of mobile loans is not new to many Kenyans. Senti can be classified among other microcredit lending apps like Branch, Tala, Haraka and you name them.
This loan app allows Kenyans to request for mobile loans conveniently and payback using their phones as well. That said, you do not have to visit any office in order to qualify for a loan from Senti loan app.
The fact that this app dispenses unsecured loans makes it popular among unbanked and marginalized Kenyans who cannot get loans from Banks.
Sentiapp has helped thousands of people to acquire easy microloans to start small businesses across the country.
Apart from giving loans, Sentiapp is unique in the sense that it allows you to perform other tasks like buying airtime via the app, paying bills such as KPLC and so much more as we about to find out. Let us get started with the gilt part of this loan app.
Services offered by Senti mobile app
Here are the crucial service and in-app features that you should expect when you download Senti.
Recommended | Profitable business ideas you should start in Kenya
- Apply for instant mobile loans sent to your Mpesa
- The app allows you to buy airtime straight from the app to your mobile number
- Pay your power bills using the app
- The app also allows you to pay water bills
- You can track your income vs spending habits through the wealth management feature
How to apply for Senti Loans
It all starts with downloading the app from the Google Play Store and creating your account. Here is the step by step process of how to download and apply for a loan from Senti.
- Go to Google play store and download the app
- Install the app to your phone
- Open the app and create an account
- Provide all the required details including your; National ID number, Names, Email.
- Follow the steps and create an account successfully.
- Provide correct and truthful information
- The app collects your credit information from CRB
- Senti will calculate your loan limit and after collecting all the necessary data
- Apply for a loan that is within your loan limit
Senti Loan Limits
Compared to other loans apps out there, Senti is one of the few apps that will start you off with an initial loan of Ksh1500.
Other mobile loans will give you initial loans of Ksh.500 and fail to increase the limit even after repayment.
See also | How to apply for loans from the new KCB APP
Sentiapp loans are divided into classes namely; Bronze, silver gold and platinum. The smallest loan class is Bronze which starts from Ksh.1500.
- Bronze loans| 1500/= to 4900/=
- Silver loans | 5000/= to 9900/=
- Gold loans | 10,000/= to 14900/=
- Platinum loans | 15,000 to 20000
Loan qualifications & requirements
In order to qualify for mobile loans from Senti, you have to meet the following requirements:
- One must be a registered Safaricom customer
- Your SIM card must be active for the last 6 months
- You must be a registered Mpesa customer
- Applicants must have a clean CRB status [How to check your CRB status]
- As a borrower, you should have a good credit history
After applying for your loan from the app, it takes a maximum of 24 hours for the loan to be processed and dispensed to your Mpesa account.
You may like | Services you did not know you can get on My Safaricom app
However, on normal occasions, it should not take more than 3 hours before the loan hits your Mpesa account. Senti is continuously working on improving the waiting time to just a matter of minutes.
How to repay Senti loans
Kukopa deni ni kulipa is what they say in Swahili. It is important that you pay your loans in time as agreed in order to maintain a good credit history.
It is also important to note that Sentiapp rewards borrowers who pay their loans on time. Here is a step by step process of how to repay your Sentiapp loans.
- Go to your Mpesa menu on the phone
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Paybill option [Enter Senti paybill number 517910]
- Account number [Enter your phone number starting with 254 like this example: 254711666223
- Amount [Enter the amount you are supposed to repay]
- Enter your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm and complete the transaction
You will receive a confirmation message from Mpesa confirming that your transaction was successful.
How to repay senti loans via the app
The other payment option is through the app
- Launch your application
- Click on the ‘Pay loan’ button
- You will be prompted to enter your Mpesa details
- Confirm that the amount to be debited is correct
- Enter your Mpesa pin and send
- You will receive a confirmation showing your loan has been repaid
Loan repayment terms
This mobile loan app has put in place some friendly loan repayment terms for their customers as you can see.
Important | How to check your CRB status online
- Repayment options include 30 and 14 days which you can choose based on your convenience
- 14-day loan payment terms have a one-time fee of 10-15%*
- 30-day loan payment terms have a one-time fee of 15%*
- If you repay your loans in time, your credit limit will grow exponentially to get you loans of up to Ksh.40000.
Why your loan application was declined
We should be open to the realities of this life and one of these realities is that not all people who apply for a loan will qualify. Here are the potential reasons why your loan application was declined.
- You have been blacklisted on CRB
- Probably, you borrowed money above your loan limit
- Maybe you already have another loan with Senti that is uncleared
- Your requirements do not meet the threshold
- SENTI can give or deny you a loan if they so wish
How to contact Senti Loans
Do you have any problem with application or repayment of your loans, make sure you get in touch with Senti to resolve your issues in the best way possible.
Visit their website: https://senti.co.ke/
Frequently asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that are frequently asked about this Mobile loan app and the services they offer. Take a look!
Where is SENTI located?
SENTI has its offices in Nairobi, Kenya
How do I get the latest version of the app?
You can search for “SENTI” then click “Update” on Google Play,
Can I call a SENTI representative?
Yes. You can contact us on 0712517910, and you will be assisted in resolving any issue you might have.
How do I pay back my loan?
You can pay your loan by clicking on the ‘Pay ****’ loan on the SENTI app or through the Paybill number 517910. The account number is your phone number starting with 2547********.
How does SENTI make a lending decision?
SENTI uses data from your phone, including your handset details and financial transaction messages to make lending decisions.
This combined with your SENTI repayment history builds an individualized credit score, which determines the loan offers you receive.
How long does the application process take?
We aim to process all loans within 24 hours.
If I request for a loan of Ksh. 2000 how much will I receive?
You will receive Ksh.2000.
How much will I need to pay back?
You will be required to pay the amount borrowed plus the processing fee charged. All payable within the days agreed on your loan term. You can also pay through installments.
What is the minimum amount I can borrow?
The minimum amount you can borrow is Ksh.1500 and the maximum amount is dependent on your credit limit.
The credit limit is the maximum amount of loan you qualify for based on how much you borrow through your account and how you repay.
How do I know how much I can borrow?
You can check your credit limit on the App.