Shika app grants you access to instant mobile loans sent via M-Pesa. Shika mobile lending app is owned by Alternative circles which is a Kenyan finance company.
In a country where more than half of the population is unbanked, mobile lending apps have become a refuge for many in need of instant mobile loans.
What is Shika app?
Shika app is one of the best and most reliable loan apps that has been lending instant loans to Kenyans.
The Kenyan loans market has been booming for the last few years where we have seen a significant increase in mobile money lending apps.
Owing to the huge amounts of money moved by these mobile loan apps, Kenya has become the global market leader in mobile money.
Kenya as a country has led the way when it comes to mobile lending and financial technology.
M-Pesa has played the core role in facilitating mobile lending apps which dispense loans to borrowers via M-Pesa wallets.
All mobile loan apps in Kenya depend majorly on M-Pesa systems to thrive. M-Pesa facilitates the dispensation and repayment of loans using a mobile phone.
Shika app is one of the many Loan apps in Kenya that have leveraged the opportunities presented by M-Pesa.
On the other side, there is a ready market of Kenyans waiting for mobile loans apps that can grant them loans without a lot of hustle and Shika Loan app happens to be one such app.
About Shika Loan app
Banks are notoriously slow while processing loans for marginalized Kenyans. On the other hand lending apps like Shika only take a fraction of a second to process and dispense loans.
This has made the Shika app to be very popular among borrowers in need of urgent loans. Shika loans do not require any form of paperwork of security when applying.
If you have the app on your hands, that is where all the magic happens. You do not even need to know where the company is located! How funny is that? They just send you money as if it is manna that rained from heaven.
Read Also: How to CHECK YOUR CRB STATUS online in Kenya
Mobile loan apps have been thriving in the Kenyan market due to the high demand for loans. Even so, experts have it that the appetite for loans in Kenya is far from being met.
This is the reason why almost every mobile app that enters the market becomes popular almost instantly.
How much can Shika lend me?
Perhaps you have tried other loan apps without success but you eventually decide to try the Shika app. Here are some of the things you should know about Shika before you borrow a loan:
- The Loan limit is between Ksh 500 and Ksh 20000
- Shika charges a facility fee of 15% on all the loans
- The app is owned by Alternative Circles
- It can be downloaded from the Google Play Store
- Only Safaricom subscribers are eligible for the Loans from Shika
- Shika Loan app sends the money to your phone in 3 minutes after approval
- A rollover fee of 10% is charged on late payments
- Shika expects you to repay the loan in full in less than 30 days
- A non-performing loan of over 60 days will attract CRB listing
How to apply for Shika App loans
This is a step by step guide of how to download and apply for a loan from Shika Loan App:
- Go to Google Play Store and download Shika Loan app
- Install the app on your smartphone
- Register your account using your Safaricom number as well as your Valid national ID number
- Generate a PIN for your Loan APP
- Upon setting up your account, you can now apply for a loan
- First, check your loan limit
- Then go to request Loan
- Enter an amount within your loan limit
- Confirm your loan amount
- Wait for the loan to get approved
- The loan will be sent to your M-Pesa account after approval
How to repay your loan
Repaying your Shika app loans qualifies you for bigger loans and builds your credit score.
Make sure you repay your loans in the agreed due date to avoid being blacklisted on CRB. Below is the process of how to repay your Shika app loans
- Login to your Shika account
- Go to ‘Repay loan’
- Select the ‘COPY’ button (redirects to your Safaricom Mpesa)
- Choose M-Pesa
- Select Lipa Na M-Pesa
- Enter Shika Paybill number 811655
- Account no; (your Safaricom Number eg: 0712436729
- Enter the loan amount
- Enter your PIN
- Hit Submit
How to contact Shika loan app
You can get in touch with Shika app through the following avenues in case you need to settle any disputes or to confirm anything with them.
- Call or SMS: 0742143999
- Email: Care@shika-app.com
- Physical Offices: Interswitch Offices, Nairobi, Orbit Place, Chiromo Lane, Westland’s, 4th Floor.
Have you used the Shika Loan app? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts with Kenyans online. Also, remember to read my article on 10 Best mobile loan apps to borrow from.